Mintz Law Firm
Golden Car Accident Attorneys
Colorado offers plenty of opportunities for people to explore with its beautiful mountains and breathtaking landscapes. However, the state’s busy roads increase the risk of car accidents and severe injuries. In fact, 2,762 people suffered serious injuries in Colorado car accidents in 2020. If you have been hurt in an auto accident, it can be difficult to figure out what to do next, but you do not have to do so alone. You have the right to contact our compassionate attorneys who are prepared to listen to your story and fight for justice.
At Mintz Law Firm, we have proudly provided the Golden, Colorado area with effective and reliable legal services for years. We strive to hold liable parties accountable and advocate for the compensation car accident victims deserve. We understand the legal process can be confusing, so we are here to help you understand all aspects of car accident claims in Colorado.
Who May Be at Fault in a Car Accident in Golden, Colorado?
You may find the details of the accident challenging to remember due to shock. Therefore, after seeking immediate medical attention, you should document as much of the accident as possible. This can include taking photos and videos of the damage and writing down any witness information. This information may help your attorney determine whose negligence caused the accident. Potential at-fault parties may include the following:
- Another driver: This includes drivers of all types of vehicles like cars, trucks, or motorcycles. If an individual drove recklessly or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they may be responsible.
- A property owner or government agency: The owner of the roads is responsible for keeping them safe and free of debris. Therefore, if poor road conditions caused the accident, the owner of the road or a government entity may be liable.
- Bicyclist or pedestrian: If a cyclist or pedestrian causes another driver to swerve or stop suddenly, they may be responsible.
- Car manufacturer: Perhaps a defective car part malfunctioned and resulted in an accident. In this case, the manufacturer of that part may be held liable.
- A driver’s employer: If the at-fault driver was working when the accident occurred, their employer may take responsibility for the damages, especially if they neglected to properly train their employees or have poor working conditions.
- A passenger: A passenger in a vehicle may be liable if they distracted the driver or behaved in a way that caused the accident.
It’s important to note that Colorado is a modified comparative negligence state. This means each party is assigned a fault percentage for the accident, which affects how much they receive in damages. For example, if you are found 20% at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced by 20%. If your fault is greater than or equal to the defendant’s, you cannot recover any damages.
Potentially Recoverable Damages After a Golden Car Accident
After sustaining injuries in a car accident due to another party’s negligence, you may worry about the expenses for medical treatment and life changes. Fortunately, our experienced personal injury lawyers in Golden, CO may be able to help you determine who caused the accident and what losses you may recover. Depending on the circumstances and facts of your case, you may recover the following damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Ambulance ride
- Hospital bills
- Current future medical costs
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages from missed work
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
Calculating the damages you deserve can be a complicated process, so we may be able to help you understand the scope of your case. Insurance companies may try to lowball you with a low settlement, but we have experience negotiating with insurance to achieve a successful outcome.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Colorado?
After seeking medical attention and documenting details of the accident, you should contact a car accident attorney to help you file your claim. In Colorado, you have three years to file, which seems like a long time, but unexpectedly long recovery and other delays may get in the way. With the help of our attorneys, you can focus on recovery while we manage the entire claim process for you.
This statute of limitations acts as a way to preserve evidence while offering victims enough time to heal. Filing your claim as soon as possible allows you to go through the process while your memory is still fresh and your injuries are recent. This helps build a stronger case and better your chances of a fair settlement.
How Can a Lawyer Help With Your Golden, Colorado Car Accident Claim?
Contacting a car accident attorney in Golden, CO is one of the best steps to increase the likelihood of receiving the compensation you deserve. In addition to filing your claim properly and within the statute of limitations, we may be able to support you from start to finish in the following ways:
- Using our legal knowledge to answer all your questions
- Conducting a thorough investigation of your case
- Gathering evidence like video footage, the police report, and medical records
- Interviewing witnesses
- Utilizing resources like medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
- Identifying a liable party
- Identifying how much the liable party owes you
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Listening to your story and noting important details
We have the skills and resources to handle your case, no matter the scope and circumstances. Our Golden car accident attorneys always have your best interests in mind and use our educational approach to fight for justice and your deserved compensation.
Contact a Dependable Golden Car Accident Attorney at Mintz Law Firm
Dealing with the legal process and insurance companies after suffering injuries in a car accident takes a lot of strength. You deserve top-notch representation that will allow you to make a full recovery while they handle every element of your claim. Our knowledgeable car accident lawyers in Golden, CO are prepared to take on any car accident case.
At Mintz Law Firm, we have over 150 years of combined legal experience to make the best decisions to help you achieve maximum compensation. Our legal team fights tirelessly for car accident victims’ rights with our innovative strategies. We commit ourselves to holding the liable party accountable and using our negotiation skills and extensive legal knowledge to deal with insurance companies. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (303) 462-2999 or fill out our contact form.