Mintz Law Firm
When a catastrophic accident occurs, the event can turn your life upside down in a matter of seconds. This type of injury can leave you with detrimental injuries and may even permanently alter your way of life. As you recover and adjust to your new reality following a catastrophic accident in Denver, you have the right to pursue compensation by filing a catastrophic injury claim. This process can be overwhelming and add to the stress you may already be feeling. That is why it is important that you retain the help of a trusted catastrophic injury attorney in Colorado who may be helpful as you seek damages for the losses you suffered.
Mintz Law Firm is a team of Colorado personal injury lawyers with experience helping clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries caused by negligent parties. After an accident leaves you seriously injured, it is important to know what your next steps should be. Our team of dedicated catastrophic injury lawyers will work to ensure you are informed throughout each step of the legal process as they help you pursue the fair compensation you are owed for your Denver catastrophic injury case.
How Does Colorado Law Define a Catastrophic Injury?
For an injury to be considered catastrophic under Colorado state law, the injury suffered by the victim must be more severe than a scrape or broken bone. A catastrophic injury may have long-term, potentially life-altering consequences and can result in permanent damage. This type of injury, often occurring due to a catastrophic accident like a rollover car crash, will typically require surgery or extensive rehabilitation for the victim to heal fully. However, a full recovery may not be possible for everyone following this type of injury.
Some common examples of catastrophic injuries that commonly occur include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, or spinal cord injuries
- Amputation or limited use of a limb
- Internal organ damage
- Blindness or deafness
- Severe burns
You deserve justice for the injuries and losses you have suffered due to the liable party’s negligence. At Mintz Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing educated legal counsel as we assist our clients in building their injury claims to help them financially recover as they focus on recovering physically and emotionally from the trauma caused by their catastrophic injury.
The Most Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Denver
If you have been injured in Denver, there may be many different factors that caused your catastrophic injury. Some common causes of catastrophic injuries in Colorado include the following:
- Accidents at work: The workplace should be a safe environment for all employees. Unfortunately, an employee can still sustain severe injuries when an accident occurs at work.
- Vehicle crashes: Motor vehicle accidents may cause severe injuries due to the sheer size and mass of the vehicle. A motor vehicle crash could involve a truck, commercial vehicle, car, motorcycle, or SUV.
- Violent assaults: Victims who have been physically assaulted may suffer from an injury that can require hospitalization or surgery to recover.
- Medical malpractice: Patients trust their doctors and other medical professionals to keep them safe and healthy while in their care. However, when a doctor or other medical professional is negligent, a catastrophic injury may occur.
- Product liability: Consumers put a lot of trust in the products that they purchase. However, when a product malfunctions or is not built correctly, it may cause individuals to be severely injured.
Regardless of what caused your catastrophic injury, you should never have to pay for the damages of an accident caused by another party’s negligence. Our Colorado legal team is dedicated to helping you build your catastrophic injury claim in hopes that you may be able to receive the maximum possible compensation you are owed for your losses.
Damages You May Be Eligible For After a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Denver
Suffering a catastrophic injury can be damaging to victims financially in addition to causing them physical harm. As you recover, you will likely rack up extensive medical bills and be unable to work. The fear of being unable to support yourself or your family can weigh on you heavily. With the help of one of our experienced catastrophic injury attorneys, you may be eligible for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing medical treatment or rehabilitation
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
To better understand how our legal team may be able to help with your Denver catastrophic injury case, contact us as soon as possible.
Get Help From a Denver Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
Mintz Law Firm is a team of award-winning catastrophic injury lawyers with experience helping clients in Colorado pursue the damages they are owed after they suffer a catastrophic injury. We are proud to provide clients with the trusted and dedicated representation they deserve throughout each step of the claims process. To schedule a free consultation with one of our Denver lawyers, contact us here or call (303) 462-2999.